Seven Nation Army
by White Stripe
When I was looking for football songs, I stumbled into this song. A bit catchy and has a good beat to it (especially the bass guitar). When I delved into its history, I was surprised that is not just a football song, it could be used for protest. Come to think of it, what is the SEVEN NATION ARMY? At the personal level it might be a person or a thing we are irritated because they are dominating, humiliating and downgrading us. At the political level it could mean literally a seven nation ARMY, the tool of the state to control us. For sport matches, it could mean the opposing team or teams. And look at World Cup. Each nation will fight for seven games (and possibly seven teams) just to get the coveted Jules Rimet trophy. Maybe the subtle message of the song is this: any adversity I could face so bring them out and I'll fight them off!
No comments:
Post a Comment